bi-directional Salesforce integration to manage their customer data.
The Relational Junction for Salesforce bidirectional data integration features have significantly enhanced BioMarin’s Salesforce usage and transformed their data management processes by eliminating redundant reporting and time-intensive, manual information capture.
Multinational Pharmaceutical Firm Requires Bidirectional Salesforce Integration to Manage Customer Data.
Salesforce, Fusion ERP, Oracle Cloud, Microsoft Power BI
“Relational Junction has given BioMarin the ability to significantly enhance our Salesforce capabilities. Bidirectional data integration for Salesforce is extremely powerful. We have eliminated redundancy and unproductive work. Relational Junction has allowed us to streamline our systems.”
-Dave Wertzberger, Senior Director of Sales Operations
Multinational biopharmaceutical firm, BioMarin, faced multiple IT challenges when the company contacted Sesame Software. With business critical data spread across offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Argentina, Brazil and Colombia, BioMarin needed to:
- Create a warehouse for their sales and marketing data.
- Flow CRM and custom object data from Saleforce to the BioMarin sales and marketing Data Warehouse.
- Maintain and enhance the data in Salesforce by leveraging data from other systems and sources using practical data warehouse and ETL technologies.
- Efficiency of analysis and reporting is important to corporate operations.
The BioMarin IT team selected Sesame Software’s Relational Junction for Salesforce and Relational Junction ETL Manager because they are cost-effective, short- time-to-implement yet feature-rich data protection and integration solutions.
- Provides Salesforce data backup.
- Integrates disparate data repositories for coherent reporting for sales and marketing.
- Delivers consistent, integrated view of their customers to sales, marketing and customer service.
- Supplies key business automation and scheduling to reduce manual data analysis processes.
- Efficiently allows bidirectional integration of Salesforce CRM data with proprietary business information database, oracle ERP system and case management database for customer support.
BioMarin, as an extremely successful multinational commercial biopharmaceutical company, provides important therapeutic treatments to hundreds of patients around the world who might otherwise go untreated. With patients spread across four continents, the global business, sales and customer support data from the United States, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East must be integrated and the information readily available to management for efficient business operations. Customers must be continually and consistently serviced by the BioMarin sales and customer service teams. Dave Wertzberger, Senior Director of Sales Operations for BioMarin, is charged with assuring these operations run smoothly and data is available to the diverse teams within BioMarin as well as to BioMarin management for analysis and reporting.
Dave explains, “We require an integrated business, sales and customer service data warehouse to do data analytics and reporting using Crystal Reports. We also need to capture select information from the warehouse to push back into Salesforce in order to optimize efficiency of sales territory management and customer support.”
Initially, the company tried using Salesforce built-in features. However, the feature set was extremely limited and did not provide an automated data integration & backup solution.
Since BioMarin relies on Salesforce for CRM, they reviewed the data integration solutions on the Salesforce AppExchange. After evaluating several products, BioMarin concluded that Sesame Software’s, AppExchange certified, Relational Junction for Salesforce, offers the best combination of features to meet their data integration, analysis and reporting requirements.
Evaluating the Options
BioMarin Has Three Objectives:
- Integrate their disparate in-house data and cloud-based Salesforce data
- Implement fully automated scheduling of data integration
- Automate upload of select warehouse data into Salesforce to improve sales and customer support
Bottom Line – Effective Data Integration
The Relational Junction for Salesforce bidirectional data integration features have significantly enhanced BioMarin’s Salesforce usage and transformed their data management processes by eliminating redundant reporting and time intensive, manual information capture. BioMarin has been using Relational Junction for Salesforce for three years to automatically integrate information across departmental databases providing the sales, customer service and management teams with comprehensive and consistent information to fuel BioMarin’s business operations.